The Music Jerk

Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Spirit Of Autumn

The newest JT single is just as good as "Sexy Back" and any of his other singles. I almost want to say that he's going to become the next MJ but we're not that far yet. You could equate BSB to The Jackson 5 if this becomes the case.

That old Toad The Wet Sprocket song "All I Want" that was on the Friends soundtrack came on the radio the other day. I smiled.

Anyone else notice that they dusted off an old Stabbing Westward single as the theme to the trailer for that new movie The Covenant? This is very odd indeed.

So who's going to be the first spazzy "hardcore" possibly Spock rock sounding band to cover "I Write Sins Not Tragedies"? I would love to hear The Blood Brothers circa their album "March On Electric Children" cover this. Or maybe even an "emo-violence" type band like Usurp Synapse or Jerome's Dream.

I'm so God damned tired of hearing about that OK Go video! Fuck!

Eddie Vedder still sounds like he has a mental disability to me.

The new Jewel single "Good Day" isn't very good. What happened to "Who Will Save Your Soul?" Now that was good. Well...at least it was neat.

Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, ENOUGH ALREADY! FUCK! I get it!!! Sufjan Stevens is good! Can you stop writing artcles and name dropping him? I'm talking to everyone!!!

And now on to the point of the post: The Spirit Of Autumn!
My friends and I are known for coming up with themes for current seasons. Past ones have included Ultra-Pretentious Spring, Devil-Lock Summer and Ultra-Punk Winter. This autumn's theme is The Spirit Of Autumn! So bust out your thick high water slacks, cuff up those jeans, dust off those old clunky thirft store black dress shoes and grab all your small collared shirts!!! You'll probably also need a copy of Catcher In The Rye, a scarf, lots of coffee (yet you're not jittery), a crush on a girl/boy you'll never have and lots of remembering of times when you were a kid.
As for the music that goes along with this theme (there's always music that goes along) here are some key artists and albums: Neil Young's "Harvest", Christie Front Drive, Boys Life, Braid, The Get Up Kids (especially "Woodson" and "Four Minute Mile"), Cap'n Jazz, Violent Femmes, old school Piebald, Gin Blossoms, Sunny Day Real Estate, you get the idea. The core of the music is definitely midwest, mid '90s indie rock. This is going to be GREAT fun!!! =)

And lastly, I want to welcome The TV Geek to the world of popular culture blogging. Check out his site, it's sure to be a good one within the next few weeks!

2 Comments:

  • I think I've been living in "The Spirit of Autumn" since about mid 2004.

    I think "I Write sins and Not Tragedies" should be covered by Le Shock if only they were still agound.

    JT was in N'Sync not Back Street Boy. If that was a joke boy is my face red. Not that that is uncommon, I am Irish.

    Lastly...KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

    By Blogger Greg, at 9:08 AM  

  • One last thing...Joan of Arc, got to be in there

    By Blogger Greg, at 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home