The Music Jerk

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Everyone wants to be bossy! That's why it's a hit!

So I can't decide if the DMX track "Lord Give Me A Sign" is good or the chessiest rap/R&B/ect song since R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly." Either way I guess it's better than hearing "Snap Yo Fingers" every five minutes.

Okay, so I should probably first say that I really like Kelis so I might be a little bias but "Bossy" is a great track! I love those minimal keyboardy beats that sound like they could be the theme song to The Munsters.
"I'm A G" by N.O.R.E. is another wonderful song with this kind of beat. Plus that song makes you feel like a pirate! Arrrrrrrr!
Back to "Bossy" I really like the fact that she uses the words 50 tried to use against her and Nas in "Piggybank" as the basis for the hook. That's how you really come back at someone, just make an amazing track. Anyway am I mistaken or is Travis Barker in the beginning of this video?
Oh and I'm starting the petition for Nas and Kelis to have kids in order to infuse hip-hop with more talented artists.

So yesterday Rick Ross was the guest on both 106 And Park and Sucker Free Countdown! He was on both hyping his new album, "Port Of Miami," which came out today. I get the feeling that this album is going to be huge.
Rick Ross is also featured on the new Daz track "On Some Real" which is an alrght song. Honestly the best part of the song is just hearing Daz on the radio again. This guy is like Cuba Gooding Jr. in "A Few Good Men." He was just another one of the many Death Row kids featured on "The Chronic."

Don't get me wrong, I love "Gimmie That" but Chris Brown makes me laugh. There's a thing we Lakers fan say: the Lakers need to merge our two best centers (Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown) into one person who would be a great player. This players name would be Chris Brown. Wait, wait. What if we made this center then gave him the obviously unholy/demonesque dancing powers of the music Chris Brown. Whoa...

I'm offically sick of that Gnarls Barkley single.

Check out Hot Wyred on BET. Video games and music all in one neat little package.

I wish this was a joke: I just now realized that this was an all rap post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home