The Music Jerk

Monday, May 22, 2006

Anyone remember 120 minutes?

So I hear Matt Pinfield is coming back to TV in some capacity on VH1. This is definitely a good thing. Although he can go on and on and seemingly doesn't know when to stop a story and goes on ridiculous tangents in the middle of said stories, he knows a lot and he's definitely entertaining.

Speaking of VH1, how about this show Super Group? I thought this was a neat idea until I heard Sebastian Bach was going to be a singer. Is there anyone more pompous and annoying? Maybe. I don't know...

So I heard this band Velvet Cacoon over the weekend. They're like a healthy mix of Burzum and My Bloody Valentine. Yeah. Needless to say it's pretty ridiculous, but damned good. Honestly there is NO better way to describe them other than saying it sounds like Burzum and My Bloody Valentine all together. Well except for the vocals. The male vocals sounds like he's super sick, spitting/coughing up blood, bed ridden with a mic in front of him. Oh wait, that's excatly how the vocals were recorded on one of the albums...

I was looking in my attic for some old mix cassettes a friend gave me a very long time ago and in the process I found tape copies of two soundtracks from the mid/late '90s that I had forgotten about: Batman Forever and Lost Highway. You have to love soundtracks that are amazing for movies that are terrible.

Oh news about the actual site. So I'm getting a very high number of unique hits on here which is rad. I got even more this weekend as it seems that ads have popped up in the comment section. I'll be deleting those after this post and instituting the whole word verification nonsense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home