The Music Jerk

Sunday, May 14, 2006

And in the beginning there was "Your Song"

This is the first post in what will surely break down into pretentious whining about music.

So why did I decide to start this damned thing in the first place?
Well sit back kids, let me explain. It all started at a McDonalds in Westminster, Maryland. I'm sitting with three friends when "Your Song" by Elton John pops up on the speakers. I begin to explain that the song is in fact, my song. There was a limited amount of laughter and at that point I decided to be a jerk and not really let the joke go. So I just kept explaining why it was indeed my song. When the lyric "and you can tell everybody this is your song" came on I replied, "Do you see? You see? It's my song! I'm telling you guys, everybody that it is my song." At this point one of my friends loses his last tiny bit of thought that this was in any way funny and says to me, "You're a fucking jerk."
So with that I decided I needed a forum to be a jerk about music.
...Well that and there's been many friends who've said in passing that I should start a music blog anyway.

Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home