The Music Jerk

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Reflex

It's been a long weekend so this is going to be a short one.

So a week ago tonight Chappelle's Show (the second episode of The Lost Episodes) had Chappelle playing his generic white guy (something he surely has copywrited) singing Duran Duran's "The Reflex" while doing the twist. This joins those musical moments in television that can't get out of my dumb head. Some of my favorites: The Churchhills on Spin City doing "Everybody Get's What They Deserve," Wyclef on Chappelle doing "If I Were President," Blink 182's very funny, yet underplayed video for "Josie" and the Sports Night episode entitled "Eli's Coming." Come on, it's named after a Three Dog Night song! And when the song kicks in...oh man!
Motorhead on The Young Ones should be included too. And I guess it would be wrong not to include Ashlee Simpson on SNL. Heh.

So I have a good friend who's a Celtics fan and I'm a Laker fan. I'm sure you can already see the problem. I still have a problem with Boston fans. Hell, I never got used to Rick Fox being a Laker. Anyway I was thinking, what's the musical equal of this? I'm not even sure. The only things I can come up with are like Who fans versus Zepplin fans back in the day. Maybe Stones versus Beatles fans after "Let It Bleed" came out? I have no idea. I'm thinking these don't even come close. Anyone have an idea
Duff and Lohan fans aren't old or angry enough to care that much.

Okay so honestly, I just wanted to get this post out before the new episode of Chappelle's Show came on. Don't ask me why.

1 Comments:

  • You gotta with the west on the rap conflict. If nothing else Dre is, like he says, the Godfather of rap. Well...sort of. Gotta give it to the east for "Illmatic" though.

    Plus P. Diddy has become a huge joke. Of course he could have been all along.

    By Blogger Mike, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home