The Music Jerk

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mr. Cowell and Nasir Jones - two true gangstas.

So American Idol is back. As always I watch until one of my favorite things on television happens. This is of course when some small headed no-talent questions Simon's knowledge of music. This season it came in the forms of "Opinion's don't mean nuffin'" and "Wat 'chu know 'bout muzic?" This girl's intelligence was mind-bogglingly low.

Song of last month? "Who Killed It?" by Nas. The entire song is rapped in a 1930s/1940s gangster movie voice. You know, like "yeah, see, yeah. You're never gonna catch me coppa!" It weaves a wonderful tale of a P.I. trying to determine who killed hip-hop who, in the story, is a "skirt" that's been around since "slaves were rhyming."
This is a song you have to hear to believe. Great song and his voice will make you chuckle.
"If you really love me, I'll come back alive."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home